Most people think that selling art online is difficult, but I don’t think so. To sell art online, you need to know the simple tricks, and you are good to go.
There are various ways to sell art online, but where you place your arts depends on several factors.
- The type of art you create
- The kind of buyer you want
- Selling tools you use
How to sell art online
- Sell your art through your website. Every artist should have their website that would be an online store. If you don’t have a website, you should get one now. Your website should be your home to your gorgeous art. What’s more? The world is advancing. Unlike before, you don’t need to be an expert designer or programmer to build a website, all you need to know are some simple tips, and you are good to go.
- Sell your art through art marketplaces. You can sell your art through art marketplaces. However, some marketplaces are very selective and strict when it comes to selling art. But if you can art meets their criteria, you can sell your art. It is easy to sell on marketplaces as most marketplaces do most of the selling for you. When a customer places an order of your art online, all you have to do is ship the art piece and provide proof of shipment. After that the marketplace pays you.
- Sell your art through large seller marketplace. If you think selling through online art marketplace doesn’t pay you, you can sell your art through large seller marketplaces like Etsy, eBay, and Amazon. Just like the online art marketplaces, the large seller marketplaces do most of the selling for you, they will accept, and process payment for an order and all you need to do is to ship the art piece and provide proof of shipping. Unlike the online art marketplace, their commissions are low.
- Sell your art with POD (Print-on-Demand) Drop Ship Vendors. Print-on-Demand vendors are manufacturers that allow photographers, artists, and graphic designers upload images that would be printed into varieties of marketable goods. The process of printing images into varieties of marketable goods is called Print-on-Demand. You earn money when the item is ordered. You would get the payment on your website, and you have to release the order to the POD vendor.
There is a huge demand for art, and there are also huge online art marketplaces that you can sell you art and make money. But before start thinking of selling in marketplaces, get your website and start with it.
— Adsolist Online Ways (@Adsolist) 6 août 2017